Monday, September 20, 2004

It's fantasy delirium!

Well, the Any Given Sunday league is beginning to look like last year's big league for me, winning the first game and my team being impressive, to watching an injury-riddled, underachieving team take it on the chin the following week (and probably weeks to come). The L & N Line Rebellion league is interesting because the scores aren't out of control--and I figured out why. I accidentally made receiving yards 1 point for every 20 yards, so there may be an unwanted balancing act, although some guys underachieved this week so we may still see a week where someone has 175-200 points. I've also been won over by the area of fractions of a point, because it's ridiculous that an RB gets 8 points for 80 yards (and all the way up to 89 yards) while another RB gets 7 for 79 yards. Learning curve--I made some mistakes. It's my first time as commissioner, so don't go Selig-hater on me.

Anyway, this post was mainly created for the reasons that I'm entering into my first fantasy championship, in baseball, against Mike no less, who's the defending champ from last year. I've been first in the regular season of fantasy sports many times (including this year), but no championship. There is an actual 1-2 matchup in this year's championship. My guys scared me a few days ago in the 2nd round of the playoffs when I suddenly slipped from being ahead to being 9-7 behind, but then they kicked ass and I went on cruising to the 13-3 victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home