Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Every Time I Try to Get Out...

Baseball has another day like this. Watching Ortiz bat in the bottom of the 12th, tied 4-4, just like yesterday, would have been surreal if it wasn't the Red Sox and Yankees. Instead, I watched, expecting this odd stuff to happen. It was like the back-to-back Yankee wins in 2001 that were almost identical. Of course, they lost that series to the D'backs. Doesn't this whole Boston comeback really just set them up for pain? Now that the Sox fans have hope again, they will cruelly lose game six, as the baseball gods decree.

I get mad about those weather warnings as well. In Memphis two years ago, they took over all fifteen minutes of a Sunday football half-time, giving us no scores or highlights, to tell us about the same one-mile wide thunderstorm that was passing over the city, causing the terrible havoc of... well, rain. Thanks, that was worth it. Also, the guy kept repeating himself and stumbling over his words. I had to leave the room.

Tonight, I was about to get angry again when they broke, until... I realized it was an Amber Alert. Two kids were kidnapped about six blocks from my apartment. Oh....... They had a license plate and everything. Yeah...... now's the time to break in...... sports don't matter that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home