Saturday, January 22, 2005

NFL Postseason '05, Round 3

Quickly:

I'm picking both road teams here for whatever reason, even though that really goes against some logic. The Falcons are going to be in cold weather, but they did beat Green Bay a couple of years ago at Lambeau.

1. NFC CHAMPIONSHIP: Falcons over Eagles, 23-20.

The Eagles offense has proven to be a little shaky, and the Falcons have turned Vick loose. I think that's troublesome for the hometown team. If it happens, of course, it will be the 4th straight championship loss for Philly. I naturally don't subscribe to the "more motivation" factor in these cases--Philly has lost 3 in a row, they can lose a 4th.

2. AFC CHAMPIONSHIP: Patriots over Steelers, 24-23.

A last-second field goal is what I'm looking for here. The Pats continue to prove how good they are with planning and putting the right personnel on the field. And I think many people believe that had Corey Dillon been in the last game between these two, the score might have been different. Plus, that was a horrible game for Brady. I think he's allowed 2 a year, and that's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home