Thursday, October 16, 2003

Here's the thing. I've never, ever been this invested in a postseason series. Yes, the Cubs made it in 98, but come on, they didn't get past the wild card. The 89 series I barely remember to be honest, and I was very young in 84. So, I am utterly devastated. I think I know what Chris and all of the other Braves fans feel, and especially the Red Sox fans who's team makes it quite a bit. But the Cubs always blow it at the end, or just suck the entire season. But to actually get to see them get this close to a World Series bow and not be able to do it...dammit it sucks.
To comment on a couple of things Chris said. I don't think Wood and Prior have the syndrome that I'm not completely sure I understand anyways. I think it is definately just youth. The Cubs outfield was pretty incompetent, but they need to work on the infield too. They have Gonzalez; he's solid. Simon, Karros, or Choi all need work at first, Ramirez definately needs some work at third, and Grudzelanek is okay at second, but I like Chris, am not too impressed with him all the way around. And he was the number one or two hitter pretty much all year.
But in the end, they blew it. They had a great year, and they couldn't get it done in the end. It happens. This is not a team that is going away; these pitchers will be here next year; they'll probably add a hitter here and there; Patterson will be back. I found it funny when Fox noted Tony Womack's shoulder problem as a key injury; what the hell would Womack have done to help in the post season? Now the Marlins can be added along with the NY Mets, Cardinals, Astros, Giants, Padres, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, UT Vols, Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Tampa Bay Bucs, and the Detroit Pistons as sports teams I cannot stand. And I hate this philosophy that I should be for the team that beat mine. Fuck the Marlins. I hope the Yankees/Redsox take that baseball and shove up the Marlins's asses. Fuck Jack McKeon and his stupid grins; fuck Jeb Bush for offering the interfering fan asylum; this shit isn't funny. Fuck Luis Castillo, arrogant prick. Fuck Josh Beckett and Ugeth Urbina. Fuck the Marlins, fuck them in their stupid asses. There, I'm just a little bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home