Sunday, November 16, 2003

I got to go to the Titans game today (I've actually conned my way into all of the games so far except for the Miami one), and it was like I was transported back to 1999. And while the nailbiters can be fun; I kind of missed the past four weeks where you could feel safe turning the game off halfway into the second quarter. And let's face it, if Leftwich wasn't stupid enough to cause a delay of game penalty with under a minute left, they probably get into that endzone and we're in overtime. A lot of people are going to say the Titans played horrible, but I guess that depends on how you look at it. The defense has two weeks in a row played exceptionally well. I'm not sure why Jevon Kearse dissapered after the first half though. McNair did not have his best day, but if he only lights it up 15 out of 16 weeks, or hell even 13, I think they'll be okay. And last but not least, Jacksonville's season is done, they're coming off an emotional upset last week, and basically they have nothing to lose. When you add on the division rivalry and the hate that exists between these two franchises, this was the worst team to possibly have to play right now. And they fought tooth and nail, and they came out the winner. I don't get the fickelness of fans; the fact is the team played hard, really didn't commit too many stupid mistakes, and they came out on the plus side. Bravo.
Also, you lose to the Lions, Bears, Browns, and Jets, but you completely humiliate the Vikings with Rick Mirer of all people. Damn, the Raiders are pissing me off this year, but at least they got a win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home