Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Okay, I've got a case of the gambling jones again - but a small one. I'm looking at the NFL futures, and I'm wondering which of these win totals you think are off. Click here:

http://www2.pinnaclesports.com/default.asp

Then click on "football futures", and finally scroll down to the over/under on wins per year.

Here's the game, if you choose to compete. Pick your top four bets, and whomever make the most "money" at years end wins. Winner gets... a good feeling about themselves. Just a simple game that should take you five minutes. Here are my selections:

Patriots over 10.5 (-113) - In fact, I just put $10 on this one. I think they are the best team in the league still, and will most likely make the playoffs with more than 11 wins. Not sure if I like it being at -113 (that is, $11.30 to win $10), but I'm taking it anyway.

Bucs under 9.5 (-158) - I hate the -158, but I've gotta think that they'll suck again this year. I mean, is this a playoff team? No. So they won't win 9.5 games.

49ers over 5.5 (+145) - Yeah, they'll most likely not be good, but I like that +145 ($10 wins $14.50). Still, need to look more into them. 6 wins might be a tough goal.

Redskins under 8.5 (+128) - Just because you have Joe Gibbs back doesn't mean you'll be good. I think this line is here because of this alone. I love the Gibbs hiring, but he needs some time. I hope Snyder gives him that time. Okay, so I just bet this one, too. That's two bets down on the season already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home