Monday, August 09, 2004

Two weeks ago (and a ton of posts ago) I received a modest introduction on the L&N from my friend Mike. He introduced me as Crazy Hank. While it's true you may know me from my mostly mediocre Crazy Hank's fantasy baseball and football teams, I'm not all that crazy and my name is not really Hank...it's a long story as you might have guessed.

I excitedly joined up and soon as Mike told me the L&N Line was expanding, but I never did get around to posting anything. Because...less than a week later I left my adopted hometown of Nashville and moved to Georgia.

It's a good thing (graduate school) but a real headache. We've been here a little over a week. I just tonight got my internet access hooked up. My fantasy baseball team is no doubt falling fast. There have been a ton of posts here since I last looked. All I can say is that I have been completely disconnected from the world for the last week plus three days or so.

Frankly, I could care less what's happening in the world...but I missed the baseball news. Sure, I picked the worst week to move with the trading deadline right in the middle. And no, I didn't go out of my way to read a newspaper....(I still don't have cable yet, and all I can get is a fuzzy CBS). I heard something about a big trade between the Cubs and Sox and I knew it was Nomar. But now I scan back over headlines...

Larry Walker in old St. Louis? Didn't the Rockies model the shape of their logo after the back of his fat head? Nomar in Chicago? It just ain't right.

Mike promised baseball commentary and I have plenty to talk about, but nothing left in the tank. It's 1 am. I must rest my weary head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home