Saturday, December 04, 2004

Holy Perfection, Batman!

Okay, so I was driving home from seeing my girlfriend, listening to sports talk radio...and I began to fume about the whole freaking mess with baseball right now. And so I started formulating a long rant of a post about how all baseball players are now guilty until proven innocent in my book. You know, how I hate cheaters and steroids is cheating the same way that corking the bat is cheating, the same way extra pine tar is cheating, the same way spit balls are cheating. My opinion should come as no surprise after my post a couple months back regarding "rules are rules for a reason."

Anyway, all that furor over Barry's Juicy Juice melted immediately away as soon as I saw this. It's the just-released-online first teaser poster for Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins, which opens next summer. I was pretty much floored already by the trailer, specifically how some shots (such as young Bruce Wayne falling in the well) are so similar to the classic Batman comic art it was eerie. But now...after this poster...I'm officially POSITIVE this movie is headed in the right direction. I'll go on the record right now and say that this thing might be the very best teaser poster ever released. The Spiderman teaser posters were groovy, but mostly they just looked cool. In fact, you give me the name of a movie whose teaser poster you loved...and I bet it's just cool looking. This one....well this one has somehow with a single frame captured the tone, mood, and emotion of what Batman is. I'm not a Batman freak, mind you, owning not a single comic. But the posture, the color, the shadow....man, I'm practically salivating for this film. This may be the first poster to make me feel emotions...to take my breath away. Wow.

Maybe you guys don't agree. For my money, this is one of (if not the very) best teaser posters ever created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home