Monday, March 28, 2005

Another Chinese Website Blocked

Here's some interesting reading, with some real, honest to goodness reporting from the Associated Press about a Chinese shutdown of a popular website. It appears this writer knows how to find sources on the internet and everything! I wish they would make this kind of effort in every news story, but don't expect it.

The most fascinating thing about it is that we visited this University on the first week of our trip. I remember one student there (I think it was at this school - we visited four) telling us about how he procured a banned copy of "1984," and how he'd seen the obvious comparisons between Orwell's book and the Chinese government. I wonder if took part in these protests. And I'm scared about what may have happened to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home