Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Vegas, Baby, Vegas

So, I just got back from a five day crazyfest in Vegas where I lost quite a bit of money, but had quite a bit of fun. I was playing blackjack at a table with a guy who after losing a five dollar bet slammed his fist on the table and stormed off. If you're that freaked out over losing five bucks then what the fuck are you betting it for? I can't figure out the people who come to the town expecting to win a ton of money. If you win money it's a bonus, but having fun is what Vegas is all about.

I was in three poker tournaments. Top three got payed in all of them. In the first one I finished fourth because the dude next to me hit a full house on the river; you gotta hate it, but luck is part of the game. Earlier in that same tournament I was the short stack and had to go all in holding a 7,6. The guy I went head to head with had a pair of Aces. The flop comes out and it's a 4,5,8; so I can't really bitch at the guy hitting the full house. However the next tourney I entered I actually finished third; so my name will actually be up on the wall at the Flamingo for at least the next couple of weeks. I'm no World Series player yet, but I'm working my way up the ladder. They actually had a big tournament going on at the Mirage (one of those $10,000 buy-ins). I went and watched it for a little bit; I saw one of the players getting a massage at his table, and I was wondering who the hell gets to get a massage at a poker tournament. Apparently Spiderman does, because when the guy turned around, Tobey "fucking" Maguire was staring me in the face; he even gave me a "What Up" nod; although that might have been to the chick with the big tits behind me, but I like to pretend it was me. James Woods and Tommy Lee were the only other famous faces I noticed in the tournament, but there were a lot of baseball caps and sunglasses, so who knows?

It's nice to see our Star Wars talk (mainly KW's) is getting all of the hits. I wonder if our debates over "The Longest Yard" this week will get the same kind of feedback? Anyways, I'm off for some much needed sleep, but I had to get that Tobey Maguire story out of me first.

1 Comments:

At 5/26/2005 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

That's a great story!

I'm no gambler. I'm no poker player--though I think I could be decent at it. But I think you ought to be incredible stoked and proud of yourself for finishing third. That's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home