Sunday, December 03, 2006

Does it Stand for Bullshit College Standings?

So, LSU gets bumped up to fourth and didn't even win their division let alone their conference. And I'll back Doc on this, Notre Dame has no business (Even though I'm a fan) being in here over Auburn especially considering Auburn is ranked three spots higher. But then how is Auburn eighth when they finished behind LSU in the division. And Arkansas who won that division is penalized for losing the conference championship by being ranked lower than two teams they finished ahead of. I mean what's the point of the rankings? What's the point of any of this? Boise State, congrats, but you're going to have your ass handed to you by Oklahoma. And if losing late is supposed to screw you in the end then how is Michigan still ranked so high (Once again, didn't even win their conference) and how is USC in a BCS bowl after not only losing their last game to UCLA, but losing a few weeks earlier to Oregon St. What the hell?

Playoff system makes the most sense, and I'm sick of hearing the argument that they would be playing too long. The final game gets pushed back every freaking year; this year it's on Jan.8. They couldn't finish a playoff series by that date; give me a fucking break? And they don't even have to include that many teams. I think a four team playoff is reasonable. But what do I know? Common sense is just too much to ask from the BCS I guess. Silly me.

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2006 01:50:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, nobody likes this system. And it's the most enduring mystery of all-time: the money-hungry NCAA doesn't want to sign off on a money machine that would be a playoff? I keep hearing the bowls don't want a playoff; but I never understood why the bowls couldn't just be playoff sites. The shitty bowls could still play the shitty undeserving 6-5 teams that aren't going to win a title anyway. You're right, there's too much logic.

 
At 12/04/2006 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Doc said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen, brother. Makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps the only thing to do is send strippers to every university president with "We need a playoff system" written on their asses. I think that'll change their minds. If not, we'll resort to whores. Who's with me?!!

 
At 12/05/2006 06:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a die-hard Notre dame fan, and I have to agree with the masses that we only got into a BCS game because we are ND. Just based on our 3rd and 4th down play (offense and defense) vs USC, we do not deserve a BCS game over some very deserving team.

I also love how all these critics say "you want a playoff? We already have one, it's called the regular season!" Yet, these are the same morons who wanted Michigan and Ohio St. again. WHAT??? If the regular season is the playoff bracket, then Mich is already in the losers bracket! Dumbasses.

I still hate the BCS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home