Wednesday, July 08, 2009

1984: What A Year For Movies

"They don't make them like they use to" is a saying that is as cliched as when it was first spoken, but I came across this list of films that came out 25 years ago, in 1984. Wow!

Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, The Terminator, This is Spinal Tap, Amadeus, Beverly Hills Cop, Gremlins, The Karate Kid, Once Upon a Time in America, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Sixteen Candles, Romancing the Stone, The Natural (I included this for a couple of weird contributors to this site; I still hate the film as much as I use to), Top Secret, Police Academy (Not good but a classic in some people's minds), Splash, Revenge of the Nerds, Starman, Repo Man, Firestarter, Bachelor Party, Night of the Comet, All of Me, Cloak and Dagger, Dreamscape, 2010, Broadway Danny Rose, Purple Rain, Body Double, Stranger Than Paradise, Stop Making Sense, The Cotton Club, Star Trek III, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.

Just look at the variety of awesomness (In some cases awesomely bad; although I left out titles such as Cannonball Run II, Meatballs II, and the great late night staple, Hardbodies.) in this listing. I wonder if 25 years from any given year this decade we will be able to come up with as fun of a list. I don't know, but I don't think so.

2 Comments:

At 7/09/2009 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, 84 was good. I'm sure 94 rivals it, and 07 certainly wasn't shabby.

And, perhaps you are the one who is weird for not liking The Natural, but we can't prove your addiction to cocaine or mental imbalance of any sort. It's a stalemate.

 
At 7/10/2009 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Fair enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home