Thursday, March 06, 2003

Jonathan's NFC picks

Okay. Just lost everything I typed, so I will start again. Here are my
predictions, and they will be perfect. Remember that at the end of the year
when I have everything right except for maybe records. It's been a shitty
year decision wise; I have to get something right before it's over, so why
not this.

NFC EAST
1.PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (13-3)
2.N.Y. GIANTS (8-8)
3.WASHINGTON REDSKINS (8-8)
4.DALLAS COWBOYS (4-12)

The Eagles should be a no-brainer unless Spurrier really does have some magic
in him. McNabb is the best QB in the league. You guys probably disagree;
well, you're wrong. Overall, the guy is fantastic. Which of course means they
probably won't go to the superbowl, but they still have the best QB in the
league. Levens, Bishop, and Freeman won't really add a whole lot, but they
should add enough. And they pretty much have the same defense they had last
year which was simply brilliant.
The Giants will start off 3-1 or so and then go into mediocricity. The most
exciting thing about them besides the ridiculous amount of injuries going
into opening day is that they wasted their first round pick on a tight end.
The Redskins have Spurrier and a lot of former Florida players that haven't
proved themselves that well. And I wonder how Davis will fit in since
Spurrier is not much of a run guy. Which makes him a passing kind of coach,
so you wonder why Matthews is the man they're going with there. Whatever?
They'll be okay, and in a couple of years they might just be great.
Dallas is the exact same team for the most part. Galloway should do well, and
Emmet Smith will beat Payton's record. Yippee.

NFC NORTH
1. GREEN BAY PACKERS (11-5)
2. CHICAGO BEARS (10-6)
3. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (7-9)
4. DETROIT LIONS (6-10)

Green Bay dumped off a lot of their recievers, but they still have the Ahman
Green package plus Brett Favre who looks healthier than ever. Not to mention
a solid defense. They should sneak past Chicago.
The Bears will be interesting to see, but they should be about the same. I
don't think playing in Champaign will hurt them that much except make the
games boring to watch. Remember Seattle a couple of years ago.
Minnesota will be about the same as well, except they should get a couple
more wins. Cullpepper should settle down some and be fine, and they added
some defense, so we'll see.
Detroit will be interesting to watch. I really like McMahon, and it should be
interesting to see how Harrington will fair. Getting rid of Morton for Hakim
and Scroeder seems a little off, but whatever? They'll be better than last
year.

NFC SOUTH
1.NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (10-6)
2. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (9-7)
3. ATLANTA FALCONS (6-10)
4. CAROLINA PANTHERS (2-14)

New Orleans don't have to deal with Williams anymore, and I think that might
actually be a good thing. McAllister showed a lot of promise, and plus they
got Brooks's great arm and running ability. Overall they are a very solid
team on paper; it just depends on whether or not they can hold it together on
the field. I'm betting they can.
Tampa Bay has burned me the past three years when I pick them to win the
division, so I refuse to do it again; no matter how much I like Gruden. He
has Brad Johnson starting when he should just take his chances with King.
Johnson just can't get it down the field; I don't care how great the reievers
are.
Atlanta was a team I thought about picking as a sleeper, but I went against
it. A healthy Chandler is a hell of a QB, but that is just such a rare thing
to see.
Carolina sucks plain and simple. They suck, suck, suck. Which means they'll
probably run a way with the division, but I'm not betting on it.

NFC WEST
1. ST.LOUIS RAMS (11-5)
2. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (9-7)
3. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (9-7)
4. ARIZONA CARDINALS (5-11)

The Rams are the best team on paper if there's no injuries, but as usual I
think they will be a plenty, so they'll probably blow a couple here and
there, but they'll be fine.
Seattle has got the Dilfer factor even though apparently they're sticking
with Hasslebeck for the beginning. Alexander and Watters will be fun to watch
and so on and so on. Should stick in there till the end and then blow a
couple of games at that point.
The 49ers have an awesome QB that will put a lot of points on the board, but
they're defense scares the hell out of me. Garcia and Owens might be enough
to get them 10 or 11 wins, but I wouldn't count on it.
Plummer is good, but the rest of that team minus David Boston isn't much to
speak of. And Boston will be covered up the wazoo; you can count on that.

I'm going to have to do AFC tomorrow; I cant' type anymore.

"I don't drink beer!"
"I'm sure you don't."

Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home