Friday, October 17, 2003

I don't think Grady handled it right. I don't care who's on the mound, in that situation he's going to want to stay in. Even if he's throwing 60mph fastballs and has a broken finger. He should have pulled Pedro, regardless of what he wanted to do. Torre and McKeon would have, Grady and Dusty wouldn't have. Grady and Dusty didn't. That's the difference in who's still playing, and who's in grief.

As soon as the Yanks tied it up, you knew what was coming. A Red Sox win would have felt as surprising as the Music City Miracle. I was just wondering what little-known Bucky Dent type player was going to be the hero. And I've got to say that I'm thrilled it was Aaron Boone. Hopefully NY can see what a class act he is. They still love him in Cincy, as the Cincinnati Enquirer has 9 photos on their website. Maybe it's just time to embrace the horror, as, for goodness sakes, I'm tired of fighting it. The Yanks just win. You've got to tip your hat to them.

I mean, seriously, did you see how positive the Yankee Stadium crowd was? Do you see that everyone just expects to win? Compare that to Fenway, where the fans are psycho. Maybe letting go of those negative emotions will make it more likely that the right decisions are made from the dugout. Just saying. There's some weird voodoo going on. It's happened too many times for there not to be some reason. Boston fans should just buck up and smile. Maybe they'll win. Maybe.

I'm coming home tonight. You can reach me at my cell (502-797-4153), or my parents place (615-790-3089). Hope to see you all one night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home