Monday, October 27, 2003

Yes, the Marlins deserved to win, and maybe you can even call them (gasp!) the best team in baseball! You mean the winner of the WS is the best team! What an odd concept. I must say that I enjoyed the WS. Then again, I really like a good anti-climax, just letting everyone down. I watched much of it, and feel that it actually resolved something, unlike last year, where it didn't mean much at all.

I think the Marlins had one big advantage in this - no crowd support. Now, hear me out. The Cubs and Red Sox fans might not be cursed, but the fans BELIEVE they are cursed. This puts enormous pressure on the players, as they almost have to fight there own fans as well. But, the Fish don't have any fans to bring them down. They don't have to worry about curses, or mystique for that matter. I was giddy at the end of game six, as the expected comeback simply didn't happen! They just go play baseball, and only let the baseball gods watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home