Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Playoffs: Fortune Favors the Bold

I feel the need to predict. I think that many of the teams that have made the playoffs simply don't have the heart (or whatever) to win these big games, or they have a real glaring weakness. Here are my picks, first off in the NIT (err, I mean, NFC):

Cowboys 17 - Panthers 14: Is this game really happening? Does anyone want to watch this? Delhomme and Carter? I pick the Paper Cowboys because of Parcells.

Green Bay 24 - Seattle 10: Who plays for Seattle again? I think the Pack will be up for playing their old coach, and it's so tough to win there in the playoffs, ignoring Vick in last years game.

Philly 37 - Dallas 3: This could get ugly quick. Parcells can't just put up a smart plan and win, and this should start to look like when they played the Dolphins on Thanksgiving - just way over there heads. Have you noticed how the 'Boys always beat bad teams, and get killed by good ones. We'll see it again if this game happens.

STL 37 - Pack 14: Favre plus dome equals bad. Aging Favre plug dome equals very bad. That one factor alone overcomes any other considerations.

Philly 27 - STL 7: After last weeks loss to the Lions, I just don't think the Rams are all that. Philly learned from that game that they can blitz all day, and it will work. And on the road, in the cold, that fancy Martz junk just won't work. Considering how bad Warner has looked when he played, I don't know if I want him to play or not. It's like the proverbial train wreck that you have to watch. I'm actually not happy about it: those old Rams teams were FUN to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home