Friday, February 20, 2004

WIth the Cubs and the Astros getting even more great pitching, and with my rooting interested in the NL Central essentially for fourth place, I'm looking forward to the Cubs-Astros rivalry as well. Both of them have great pitching, but here's an interesting fact. Last year the Astros runs scored and runs scored against was significantly better than the Cubs. You can make a case that the Cubs got a bit lucky. And, assuming Clemens' arm doesn't fall off (which I sometimes hope for), I think the Astros have improved the most. So I'm going to pick the them for the division. The real question for Cubs fans is, will Maddux be able to be as dominant later in his career as he was earlier? Can he repeat what a few other greats have done? I hope so. I wonder what his workout regiment is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home