Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Good Discussion

I'm in no shape to blog really, after a terribly long day. We took a two and a half hour test in class. Problem was, they only gave us one and a half hours to take it. That, plus I made a small mistake at work, and had to talk to a lot of people about all sorts of issues. Really stressful day.

Still, I ought to say something at least. Let's see if I can get some of my thoughts down (when I had a chance, I was thinking about emotions and stats and the like during the day). I don't think yesterday was a revenge day, I think it was a day where the Colts wanted to show that the opener was a fluke. Not that that was the only reason. Also, you said revenge doesn't matter, and I disagree. But really, we have no way to prove that statistically. I wish we did, because then we'd know for sure. Maybe the stat-heavy Football Outsiders can answer that someday.

I think the two teams are pretty much evenly matched, and that is what led to thinking about emotion. It plays a factor, but I don't think it is the only factor - it's just one. Just as home field is a factor and all that. But, each season has an ebb and flow, and I just don't see the Titans as a juggarnaut that can get up two games this early. That was worth a few points to me in the prediction game.

I agree with the playaction thing. It seems like they're missing a piece, something that doesn't quite get them over the hump. As good of a coaching staff as they have, they just seem to come up a bit short in their playcalling sometimes. That might be what's missing between them and a Super Bowl.

Looking forwards to the fantasy baseball finals vs. Chris. Did you know that I can't cut Prior? He's on the "no cut list", even though he sucks this year. Means I can't get another player. But, then I go and start him tonight, and he rocks. Still, I'd rather have someone else. Too bad.

There, that's all coming up quickly, with little editing. I'll retry tommorrow, I hope. Man, we're bloggin' up a storm, aren't we!

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2004 08:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike~
I envy your football knowledge! I will admit, however, that I know jack about football. :( That's what I get for being raised Hockey. I think I'll just keep reading your post & see if I learn anything! ~J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home