Friday, October 01, 2004

Debates, Round 1

It's a bad sign for Bush when National Review thinks it's a draw, and most TV stations think Kerry won soundly. I was truly suprised by how logical Kerry sounded at times, helping to prove that he is very good in this situation. You could believe he was on the debate team at Yale. Bush, who usually does well in a speech when he is well prepared, seemed on the defensive tonight, sticking to his talking points. I think he'll do better next time, but this could narrow the polls a bit.

I think it was one of the better debates I've seen on this level. Both sides seemed to actually try to make points by using logic, which was refreshing and intellectually stimulating. I get tired of these debates where both try to make the other side out to be complete evil, when both would likely try to do their best in office. But, that's just human nature.

For people like me, I don't think it's going to make me any less likely to vote for Bush, but the undecided voter might have been swayed a bit. Let's wait to see the polls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home