Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Musings

The talk on 104.5 The Zone has speculated that Steve McNair has been a lot more hurt than we ever imagined, all year so far in fact. His ankle injury has been subject to talk about that being the cause for his many overthrows that we have seen, especially in the Jax game.

Looks like the Expos really are going to D.C. We can blame the lockout in 1994, for it certainly played a domino-effect role in the collapse of this franchise, but we're talking about a team that has had Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Carl Pavano, Vladimir Guerrero, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, Larry Walker, among others, and have let them go. There was serious mis-management here, as has been well-documented, and certainly Montreal deserved better. It's a fine town, very fun, and the women there are hot--that alone should have given management a good reason to take care of this team.

Ahhh...fantasy football...it's a harsh mistress. I'm looking at another horrible season. Top Dawg keeps wanting to trade Michael Vick for Tom Brady. Brady, Shaun Alexander, and Chris Brown (sometimes Corey Dillon) are the only sure things I have. Everything else is dead weight. Can't take on the inconsistent Vick. And yes, I'll be the one who will make with the losing this week, KW. There's no way around it. I kick ass at almost every other fantasy sport (except for this two-week Fantasy Baseball World Series...damn you, Ichiro!)...why is football so damn hard?

Sealab 2021. Now that cracked my ass up tonight. I don't get to see it often, but damn, was that funny. Everyone was getting their brains cut out and turned into robots.

I have seen two hard-workin' bands in the past month and a half. Guided By Voices and King's X. These bands, I may only be able to enjoy live. They are kickass live bands, but I don't know if I could listen to an album just for fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home