Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Notes...

-I love it when a candidate "concedes". I'm sure that if the votes started to break their way, they would un-concede in a minute. Like Gore correctly did four years ago.

-Stop me if I've told you this before. I had an experience recently that showed me insulated and unfair the Louisville Republican Party is. I told this to one of my Democratic friends, and he told me the Louisville Democratic Party is the same way. Sad, really.

-I guess it's obvious I voted for Bush. I think he's reasonably smart, with good people around him. I like how the war on terror has gone. I think Iraq isn't nearly as bad as people think, as stuff happens in war; always has. I like the tax cuts. I don't like the increase in spending, but I do like the increase in the deficit, which is the only way I find that Congress (of either party) will ever hold down spending. I also think that if I'm wrong about this, it isn't the end of the world. Kerry would mean a divided government, which might be good.

-I'm saying this pretty early on, no matter when I post this. I wouldn't be surprised if we were waiting for the Hawaii vote later on tonight with wide open eyes. Hawaii has been polling Bush, which would be a shock.

-Ohio and Florida, so close. These are the ones that really matter. Watch 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home