Thursday, January 27, 2005

Notes...

-You want to know one thing that really sucks about being in a long-distance relationship? When your girlfriend is too hoarse to talk on the phone. Sucks.

-I find it amusing that the blogger spell checker thinks "blog" and "blogger" are not real words.

-I'm being killed this semester. We essentially have four major projects, along with all of the normal nagging homework every day. I'm remaining in Louisville this weekend, and I should be working on writing papers and reviewing strategy almost every waking minute. I feel like I'm going to snap. I can't wait until...

-I go to China in March! At that point I should be done with some of the major assignments that I have due, and a vacation will be nice, even if it is a class trip. I got three shots this morning (really four, as one failed) for various viruses. I'm looking forwards to posting some Great Wall pictures. Will I be able to sneak a picture of the Forbidden City? And, will my cell phone work? If it does, what kind of charges will I get per minute?

-We should look to including ourselves in these "carnivals", as people like to call them. The Carnival of the Vanities is where you put your best post of the week. The Bonfire of the Vanities is where you put your worst (and yes, that's me leading the Bonfire with that Huygens/Titan/Steve McNair post). The Carnival of the Capitalists is where you put your best business related post of the week. This is assuming we have anything of interest every week. So, you can aim posts at being on these lists if you want. It's a fun way to get a hundred or so people to look at your post. If it's good, like the movie post from a few weeks ago, people will leave comments, or post about it on their own blog. There are several other carnivals, and they rotate web locations weekly.

-Check out our stats. 1700+ this month and counting! That's mainly from search engines queries from "Fat Albert Robertson" and "Mike Winchell", but there are several other people coming to see us as well. Hope they say hello on their way by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home