Saturday, March 12, 2005

China: Day 7

Oh good, I get the computer with the stuck space key! This ismy second attempt after the first one failed. God, this is annoying.

Started the day at Tienamen Square,which was very cold and very... red. Then, to the Forbidden City, where we were given 30 minutes to see the entire complex. Many of the 9,999 room are open to thepublic, so I decided to blow off the tour and see everything. This probably will get me into some trouble, but it shouldn't be too bad.

A quick cab ride to the zoo,and I saw the famous pandas. They were incredible! Also several other Asian animals that are unusual, and that I may never see again. Then, to the CCTV tower, the tallest building in Beijing, for some incredible views of the city and the mountains beyond. I was blown away. Finally, to the five story book store to buy some more mags, and now dead tired. Times up. Next time I write I'll be in Shanghai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home