Friday, March 11, 2005

China: Day ... I forget

Here's another rush job of a post. I'm on a time limit.

Yesterday we saw the Olympic Sites. Not too much to report there. It turns out there are several Olympic venues and they are building them. This somehow was not surprising. We did get to see a sword swallower at night, which was cool. Also, more trinket shopping, which I enjoyed. Cheap trinkets for all my friends!

Today was incredible. First, to the Economic Zone outside of town, where many foreign companies are invested. They get a tax break by being there, but we learned later that the price of land has skyrocketed, not surprisingly. We toured an ice cream shop, and got free ice cream.

Then, to the pearl market, which was incredible. The pearls were cheap, but the electronics were about the same price. And the barganing is insane. I really didn't feel like doing it, but I had to to get a good deal.

Finally, the best conversation we've had yet, with a firm that is working to bring Papa John's pizza (based on Louisville) to China. They told us about many issues there. Yet again, I will write about this when I have more time. Ate a Papa John's pizza, which had neon cheese, and the topping options of corn, and green peas.

Finally, drove past Tienamenne (SP?) Square, and now I'm back. Too busy to write much. Hope all is well back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home