Tuesday, March 08, 2005

China: Day 3

Goodness. Another over-whelming day. First of all, a speech on China economic development by some gov't official, which was fascinating and boring at the same time. The party line truly is that they are moving to a market economy. Two banks are about to privatize according to the papers.

Then, the Summer Palace, which was spectacular. Endless small paintings and decorations, one large very Chinese buidling, all on a lake. And so many cheap and intersting trinkets, all for mere dollars. You have to negotiate your price.

Finally, Peking Duck dinner. I almost got sick at the end of it. But, it tasted good. 15 course meals I am not used to, especially when I don't know what I'm eating.

I've taken over 300 pictures now. I hope to put the best ones up, but it will be after the trip is done, I'm afraid. Just had a 45 minute Hong Kong massage, and I'm relaxed and tired as can be. Another big day tommorrow. Hope all is well in the States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home