Monday, April 04, 2005

They're Letting a White Man Do It?

So, Robert Redford is going to direct a movie based on the life of Jackie Robinson, a project Spike Lee has been trying damn hard to get off the ground for about 12 years now. I can already see the press conference in my head.
In other movie news, Bob and Harvey Weinstein's new company just announced one of their first projects, and it is surprise, surprise, a remake of a Japanese horror film. I wish someone would just have the balls to put out a kick ass marketing campaign on some of the originals and give them a wide release. They'd probably be surprised at how well they would do. Look how well the Weinstein's did with "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," and not to offend Harry Knowles and co., but that wasn't even a very good movie.
I still haven't had a chance to see "Sin City" so I can disagree with Chris as usual, but I will probably be seeing it on Wendsday, so my review will be forthcoming. When the hell are we going to get some of these smaller releases that are supposed to be really good like "Oldboy," "Millions," and "The Ballad of Jack and Rose?" I'd really like to go to the theater once this year and see a good movie. I know it's crazy and all; I mean maybe I was being too hard on "The Pacifier."

2 Comments:

At 4/05/2005 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I think Redford is Liberal enough to get away with it. Plus, he's Roy Hobbs! Roy, Roy, Roy!

 
At 4/06/2005 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

This will likely come with the same fallout as Redford's "Legend of Bagger Vance" and Rob Reiner's "Ghosts of Mississippi." Of course, I believe Spike Lee spoke out against both of those films, too. Double, triple, whammies here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home