Sunday, September 11, 2005

NFL Predictions

It's the first day of opening season; I'm going to forget my Raiders played that awful second half on Thursday night. But I wanted to get these in before week 2, so here goes. These are accurate, so everyone bet your life savings on my wisdom. Wait. Please don't do that.

NFC EAST
1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
2. DALLAS COWBOYS *
3. NY GIANTS
4. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

This will yet again be a fairly week conference compared to the mighty AFC, and Philadelphia is miles ahead in talent in this division with a bitching T.O. or not. So, they shouldn't have too much competition here. There only dissapointment will be if they lose more than four games. The Cowboys will be the only real competition; and with possibly the best running game and defense in the league they'll make some noise, but should only get the wild card. The Giants and Redskins still look pretty dreadful, and barring a miracle will remain that way when week 17 comes around.


NFC NORTH
1. MINNESOTA VIKINGS
2. GREEN BAY PACKERS
3. DETROIT LIONS
4. CHICAGO BEARS

Minnesota has no Randy Moss, but they still have Culpepper, and there defense is better. Tice just has to figure out away to keep winning after they start off 7-1. The Packers are a lot of people's pick to have a huge downfall, but I don't see it being that big of a dropoff. They'll win 9 games probably. This will be the first year in a while they don't make it to the playoffs though. The Lions are a lot of people's surprise pick, but I think they're still a tad too young; next year, baby. The Bears have a lot of question marks, and I think most of those will be answered when they only win 4 or 5 games.

NFC SOUTH
1. CAROLINA PANTHERS
2. ATLANTA FALCONS *
3. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
4. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

The Panthers, barring injuries, would have won this division last year, so with a healthy team I see no reason why they can't this year. Atlanta didn't play so hot in the second half last year, and they'll be the wild card team, but they've still got to get Vick in more of a passing mode; don't be surprised if he's injured before week 4. The Bucs, I have no read on; I just think they'll be better than the Saints. The poor, poor Saints. They have a bad team, and with them playing all over the map this season I don't know how well they can do.

NFC WEST
1. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS
3. ARIZONA CARDINALS
4. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

The Seahawks are lucky to be in this division. They might have home field advantage throughout the playoffs due to being in this division. The Rams are going to win 7 at best. The mighty, mighty Cardinals with Kurt Warner. Give me a break. There only saving grace is they get to play the god awful 49ers twice.

AFC EAST
1. NY JETS
2. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
3. BUFFALLO BILLS
4. MIAMI DOLPHINS

That's right, the Patriots will not make the playoffs. I'm saying it. And the Dolphins are terrible. The Bills will be a team to contend next year.

AFC NORTH
1. BALTIMORE RAVENS
2. PITTSBURGH STEELERS *
3. CINCINATTI BENGALS
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS

Are the Cleveland Browns the worst team in football going into the season, and are the Ravens the best? Yes and most likely. The Ravens only weakness seems to be Bollier, and he's not bad enough to screw a lot of this up. Rothlesberger was a little more human in the second half last season and I think he's going to have a tough sophmore season; plus who's going to be running the ball. The Bengals look good, but they're still the Bengals.

AFC SOUTH
1. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
2. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
3. HOUSTON TEXANS
4. TENNESSEE TITANS

The Colts are awesome; the Jags are getting there; the Texans are much improved. The Titans have way to much youth, and way too many question marks. I think the defense will be a lot better than anyone is expecting. I hope I'm wrong here, but this is how I see it.

AFC WEST
1. OAKLAND RAIDERS
2. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS *
3. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
4. DENVER BRONCOS

I couldn't pick against my Raiders in this offense heavy division and everyone's a crapshoot here, so this is how I see it playing out.

NFC PLAYOFFS
Minnesota over Atlanta
Carolina over Dallas

Philadelphia over Minnesota
Seattle over Carolina

Seattle over Philadelphia

AFC PLAYOFFS
Kansas City over NY Jets
Oakland over Pittsburgh

Baltimore over Kansas City
Indianapolis over Oakland

Baltimore over Indianapolis

SUPER BOWL
SEATTLE 24 - BALTIMORE 19

It's a crapshoot, and that's how I see everything falling into place. I'm sure I'll be dead wrong. Sue Me.

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Baltimore best team in the league? Seattle wins it all? Those are some pretty bold predictions...

 
At 9/11/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

You know me. I hate to predict what everybody else is predicting. I'm not gonna lose any money here, so it's fun to take chances

 

Post a Comment

<< Home