Monday, October 24, 2005

Finally, Some Truth in Analysis

From Box Office Mojo:

With the exception of Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, the October slate was riddled with unappealing movies from the outset, and the resulting box office has been predictably pathetic.

Although the year-to-year weekly comparisons continue in 2005, this is the first time in awhile I've seen the product blamed.

I haven't turned from my prediction that this year's box office will catch up to last year's, but some of those movies that I thought might help out have been fairly weak, such as Wallace & Gromit and The Corpse Bride. I think Saw II will pick things up, as well as Chicken Little, before the mega-blockbusters on the horizon, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chronicles of Narnia, and King Kong arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home