Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fun With Pictures


So Blogger has added an easy-to-use button for posting pictures on one's blog. It's long overdue in my book. I thought I'd take a moment to test it out, and use the opportunity to say a few words about the new downtown ballpark Nashville's minor league baseball team is going to build.

This photo is the artist's rendering for the new park.

I have a few random thoughts:

1. I'm going to go to a lot more baseball games once this thing is done.

2. I'm going to try and sit on the first-base side, for the view of the skyline.

3. Sure looks to me like a person could wander over the new walking bridge that spans the width of the Cumberland and stand there and see the game. Might be a tad far away, but it's at least a view I want to check out.

4. With shops, housing, and restaurants, as well as a greenway-ish area for families to spread blankets...this is going to drive a lot of traffic and revenue through the downtown area. I think that's a good thing, but I hope there aren't any parking woes added to the already frustrating parking situation downtown.

5. Posting pictures on blogger is rather easy. Of course, I say that before publishing this post and seeing if it causes any havoc to our site.

6. Just tell me when you think it's time for KW to chill out and post a little less frequently. It's been so long since I could do it with any regularity that I guess I am a bit enthusiastic.

7. Popcorn! Peanuts! Cold Beer! We should all go to a game when this baby is built. I can almost taste the hot dog already.

5 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

The minor league stadium in Louisville is a jewel, and I hope Nashville gets the same. I don't like Greer Stadium much, and neither does anyone! A great stadium downtown should energize a dormant area on the river while making baseball games a true destination for fans. Did you know that we won the AAA Championship this year? Why doesn't anyone care about that?

 
At 11/03/2005 09:00:00 AM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

I think you answered your own question. The problem has been Greer...its age and its location.

Build this thing downtown on the river, the way they're planning to...and the people of Nashville will start caring about the Sounds in a major way.

That's what I think anyway.

 
At 11/03/2005 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

You know what's really cool? The Sounds, affiliate of Milwaukee's Brewers, won the AAA championship, while the Milwaukee Admirals, affiliate of Nashville's Predators, won the Calder Cup in 2004 and just barely missed a second in a row in 2005. Nashville, Milwaukee--a winning team!

 
At 11/03/2005 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

That is cool!

 
At 11/04/2005 02:26:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yes! I think this means we need to drink more beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home