Wednesday, December 14, 2005

This Should Be Fun

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the blog and wanted to let you know what kind of random musings I'll attempt to contribute. I'm definitely a big fan of sports and movies, which is why I've been reading on this blog for a while, but I'm a gi-normous music fan, and I agree with the earlier post by Jonathan; that 2005 was the best year in music (especially rock/alternative music) in the last 11 years or so.

So I'll be giving you guys a few takes on what I've been hearing lately. A lot of it might be bands that you've never heard of, or heard of but aren't very interested. And a lot of it will be things you've already heard, hated, and sold at CD Warehouse. Hopefully I'll give you something interesting every once in a while. I've been exposed to a large amount of new music recently that I've found wothwhile to yap about, so here's hoping.

And I am always open to feedback. Especially if I say something ridiculously stupid, which had been known to happen. I'll try to keep it in check. Adios.

3 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 03:50:00 PM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

Welcome. It was a good year for music. Have you heard the Reindeer Section? Quite good.

And are you familiar with all of the following sites:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?mode=mp3

http://www.pandora.com/

http://www.music-map.com/

http://id1g1t.com/

 
At 12/14/2005 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Doc said...

Thanks man. I will definitely use those sites, except the 1D1G1T site must be down. I'll check back later.

I'll probably start posting retroactive reviews in the next few days to get people caught up on some music that I've found interesting. Like Chris, I'll pretty much listen to anything and give an honest, faithful review for that genre. Obviously you can't write the same type of thing for John Coltrane as you would The Hives.

By the way, you've got another rabid Packer fan around this site. Even though I'm in Nashville, I'll be keeping these boys updated (reasonably) on the greatest sports franchise of all time. I'll be visiting the wisconsinsportsbar site as well.

Looking forward to some good conversation on a very individualistic topic.

 
At 12/14/2005 09:12:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

Welcome Doc. I've been away so long that I have no idea where you've come from...but I'm always glad to see a new face join the L&N. I look forward to the music reviews.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home