Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The N&L Line

So I live in Nashville...usually. Right now I'm in Louisville for corporate training. I am supposed to hear any day now whether or not I was selected for another job...a much better job. After 10 hours of classes and then dinner...I'm about ready for bed every night. So here's my observation, as a Nashvillian, on Louisville:

"Man, I need to talk to Mike sometime about Louisville..."

That's it. I had this grand idea to write a post about Louisville, and to try and get out there and experience something about the city. But I'm too tired and distracted. I have noticed some dialect issues. And the traffic isn't any better. Other than that...I got nothing.

Oh--I saw Napoleon Dynamite on HBO. I wonder if I should have seen it before every college and high school kid in America made it their favorite film, because I was like, "Okay...so...that was it?"

5 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Seriously; I couldn't get through "Dynamite". Not that hit was horrible, but that it wasn't anything really worth crowing about. The popularity astonds me a bit.

And, when in Louisville, travel down Bardstown Rd. The closer to the river the better. You should find something interesting there. As a movie guy, you might like Wild & Wooley videos, which rents a lot of strange ones.

 
At 2/14/2006 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is one of those movies that slipped through the cracks as this oddball indie, and it certainly didn't live up to the hype. Jon Heder is good as the lead, but damn...it's not THAT funny. Popular around work with many people, though. I didn't like it all that much.

 
At 2/15/2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Kevin Rector said...

I had exactly the same response re: Napolean Dynomite (spelled that way in honor of J.J.). I knew that the kids liked it, and it had it's moments, but it wasn't great by any stretch. I might be a generation thing, you like how us old fogeys just don't get it.

Hey KW, call me sometime we haven't talked in ages.

 
At 2/15/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

I don't feel two ways about it; Napoleon Dynamite sucked. It was easily one of the worst films of 2004. Not funny at all.

 
At 2/15/2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

I seriously don't think you're missing a thing, man. The only reason to watch it might be so you can understand what all "the kids" are raving about. But it's ultimately pretty underwhelming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home