Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Vokoun's the Man

The Czech Republic's Dominic Hasek left today's game against Germany after facing only five shots, leaving Tomas Vokoun between the pipes. Tomas only allowed one goal on twenty-one shots, and made up for the goal with an assist. The extent of Hasek's injury is unknown, but I'll bet Tomas gets to play at least one more game.

In Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby writes about English soccer fans who have trouble cheering for their country due to there being so many hated players on rival clubs playing for them. How does an Arsenal fan cheer for a Tottenham Hotspur lad? And I'm beginning to come to a situation similar to that; am I supposed to cheer against Vokoun (and other Preds Erat and Zidlicky) if the Czechs play the US in the knock-out round and Tomas is still the starter? Am I capable of that? I don't think I'll know unless it actually happens.

And with Roger Clemens pitching for the US in the next month, I don't know what I'm going to do...

1 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Kevin Rector said...

If the Czechs face the US I too will have a moral quandry (the way the US played Latvia though it might not be an issue).

If however the Czechs face Canada I'll have no doubt for whom I'm rooting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home