Friday, May 12, 2006

Hold Out Despair

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be thrilled. And I am. Jumping up and down and pumping my fist and all that, reading the papers, learning about the team and all. And how could you not after last night's scene:



But, I have to hold onto a little despair. I have to. There's no way this team is going to tease me into completely believing again, is there? It's not that they have a good season but don't quite win the title, it's that they start off hot before losing ten straight in June and tanking the season. Soon they're in horrible 40-man roster land trying to get to .500, if that. And that incredible home run from last night's game happens every year as well, so, to a sad degree, I'm jaded to that as well.

But I'm still there. I can't help it. Let's keep the wins coming!

{picture from the Cincinnati Enquirer}

1 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

You have to admit there pitching is a little better this year, and the line-up only seems to be stronger. These are usually good signs. How they can hold off the Cardinals all season, I don't see happening, but I guess you never know. Keep the hopes alive, Mike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home