Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Note From the Game

If you want to see my thoughts on the loss yesterday, check out my comments on Chris' last post. And I pretty much agree with his thoughts as well. If this truly is a team capable of winning it all, then it was a good loss. I'm still not so sure.

But I have to say one thing about the game that I thought was in incredibly bad taste. Before the game, the genius' that run the in-game entertainment decided to have a fake Fireman Ed on the field, who I'm particularly fond of. The fake did a J-E-T-S cheer, which only let all the away fans yell a hearty cheer. Awesome. Then, they let out what I guess is our OWN cheer, a horribly country, yet stupidly corporate cheer, straight from the WWE; a "Whoooo" or some crap like that. I think Steve Austin does it or something.

And then? They made Ed into an effigy and threw him off the top of the stadium. On video, of course. Simulating the death of an actual person. I thought this was way over the top. It was enough to make me wish I'd just stayed home. I have HD there, and cheaper food.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/26/2008 01:48:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Not only the death of a real person, but an...FDNY fireman? If that's what I gather from your description...it's more tasteless than I can imagine.

 
At 11/26/2008 05:43:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Exactly, a real life NYPD fireman. Yet it seemed nobody noticed. It was like watching a train-wreck except no one else could see the train.

 
At 11/27/2008 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Oh, I forgot. The same guy decided to do his own J-E-T-S chant, except as J-E-F-F, for Fisher. I'm almost glad we lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home