Saturday, January 22, 2011

35 YEARS OF POP CULTURE: INTRO



This is my 35th year of existence, and in that 35 years (or I guess more approximately 31 years or so of it) I have immersed myself in as much pop culture consumption as is humanly possible, so why not write about it.

Throughout this year I plan to do what all of us on-line critics and proffesional critics alike enjoy doing; I will be making a ton of goddamn lists.

Movies, music, television, literature, and whatever else I can come up with will be up for grabs. The Best, the Worst, the Mediocre, the most fun, the scariest, the saddest, etc. It will be a smorgsaborg of pop culture insanity that I hope everyone who reads will enjoy.

I'm far from an expert; remember in the long run I'm like what the majority of you out there are; a big ass fan. And I haven't seen, read, or listened to close to 100% what has been hashed out over the last 35 years. But I've probably experienced more of it than the average human, and in cases where there are certain omissions I must make due to the lack of anything more than a 24 hour day, I will make note.

I will be including 1975 in some discussions for two reasons. 2011 has just started so it will not be able to be a big part of most of what I write about. At the end of the year I will have to do some 2011 specific lists or something. Second, I was technically conceived in the year 1975 so depending on your view of the meaning of life, I guess it's fair to say that the year is as much of my life as any other.

I'm not setting up a specific schedule or anything; I would never stick to that. But I have a bunch of ideas for topics to write about, so hopefully I will get to most of them. I will have the first post up in a day or two; I'm going to start off with a few "Worst" lists (Those are in many ways more fun to read than the "Best Of" lists anyways). I hope you guys enjoy, and if you have any ideas or areas of pop culture that you would like me to tackle send me an e-mail (samloomis13@yahoo.com) or post it in the comments. Just remember the guidelines are 1975-2011. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home