Saturday, March 08, 2003

Am I the only one who sees Jake Plummers move to the Broncos the most overhyped bullshit in a long ass time. Or atleast since everyone thought Danny Jackson and George Bell were going to move the Cubs into World Series contention. I mean, he's a solid quaterback, but is he really any better than Brian Griese at his best? I don't think so. David Boston going to the Chargers is a huge move, but Plummer on the Broncos makes them about the same as they were last year. Also, A-Rod is my number one as well followed closely by Bonds and Johnson. I imagine you can expect some big years from people like Guerero and others who's contracts are up. They always seem to play better in those years. I also see Jeff Kent, Tom Glavine, Bartolo Colon, and Jon Lieber fitting in nicely on their new teams. And I think Thome should be great with the Phillies, but with that protection, don't be surprised if Pat Burrell has a fifty homer season. I at first thought this Phills deal was overhype, but the more I look at it they're looking pretty damn strong. The Astros should be better than the Cardinals with that line-up, but the Cardinals have better overall pitching. It should be an interesting year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home