Thursday, March 06, 2003

Mike's picks

Well, here goes nothin'!

First of all, I'd like to come out against this re-alignment, because there is a
good chance a 7-9 team will make the playoffs, and certainly there will be in
the next few years. But ah well. It's still fun. For the record, I got these
done before the first game kicked off (except the playoffs), but didn't get to
email it until later. As always, all predictions are based on highly scientific whims.

NFC

East
1.Eagles
2.Giants
3.Redskins
4.Cowboys

Redskins won't do too hot this year, but look good for the future.


North
1.Packers
2.Vikings
3.Bears
4.Lions

Bears have a tougher schedule, and might have been a bit of a fluke anyhow. I
like the Vikes to rebound a bit.

South
1.Bucs
2.Saints
3.Falcons
4.Panthers

Not too excited about picking the Bucs at the top, but who else are you going to
take in this division? Bucs might win 9, then lose in first round of playoffs.
Panthers might still be worst team in league.

West
1.Rams
2.49ers
3.Seahawks
4.Cardinals

I can't wait to see the Rams play, as I can't every year. Niners might be fine,
too. Hawks and Cards I don't much want to see.

AFC

East
1.Jets
2.Dolphins
3.Patriots
4.Bills

Man, any of the top three could win. I'm just taking the Jets because I don't
like the way Ricky looks in a Dolphins uni, and I don't like the chances of the
Pats winning with everyone against them. The Bills Bledsoe era will begin not
too much better than last year was. How is Bledsoe a messiah for any team?
He's decent, but...

North
1.Steelers
2.Browns
3.Ravens
4.Bengals

Steelers, and then everyone else. I plan on making a Bengals game this year,
btw. I'll have to look at the schedule. I am going to a Colts game, which is
great. Ravens are on their way down, Browns could be decent.

South
1.Titans
2.Colts
3.Jags
4.Texans

Colts might be the better team, but I just can't put them at the top. They have
too much of a history of failing. And I can't put the Jags their, either. I
heard the Titans improved their D a bit, and I sure hope so. I look for 4 wins
from the Texans, not a bad total.

West (toughest overall division?)
1.Chiefs
2.Broncos
3.Raiders
4.Chargers

Not sure who to pick here - choose the Chiefs? I just don't feel too confident
in the Raider's ages, and the Broncos don't have a decent QB. Chargers might be
in the same boat. Still, this one's up in the air.



NFC Playoffs
Niners beat Bucs
Eagles beat Vikings

Rams beat Eagles
Packers beat Niners

Rams beat Packers

AFC
Chiefs beat Dolphins
Broncos beat Titans

Steelers beat Broncos
Chiefs beat Jets

Steelers beat Chiefs



Rams beat Steelers



Going out on a limb there, ain't I? Why not pick the best team to win it all?
They should have won last year.

Mike
-And Danny White is back to punt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home