Tuesday, March 11, 2003

I have to agree about the Phils. I thought at the start they were stupidly going on tilt like the Mets did last offseason, but Thome is a great addition. Millwood I'm not so sure about, but he's worth taking a chance on. The NL East is going to be wide open. Even the Marlins have been talking smack this spring. They're the only team I rule out, as the Mets have latent talent, the Expos have real talent, the Phils are improved, and the Bravos are slightly worse off, but not much. I still like the Braves due to their hitting, but it could be a truly fun division.

Plummer has been getting hype? I agree, the Broncos are just as well off with him as they are Greise. Plummer had one good year, and seems to have a consistency problem. Or maybe a motivation problem. I could see him be really average in the Denver, or simply fall apart. I won't predict them too high next year. But boy, are the Cards going to be bad. Just lost their two best players, and got what? Are they trying to force a move to LA?

I'm think the Cards (of the NL, not NFL) have better pitching, but only if they stay healthy. One can guess that last year was an abnormality, and they will be fine this year. But, don't be surprised if they break down again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home