Thursday, March 06, 2003

Jonathan's AFC picks

O.K., so here we go with the AFC predictions. A couple of tough divisions
here and a couple of pretty easy ones to figure out. We'll see I guess, but
here goes nothing.

AFC EAST
1. MIAMI DOLPHINS
2. NEW YORK JETS
3. BUFFALO BILLS
4. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

This is a bit of a shame picking last year's superbowl winners last, but
hell, the other three teams have shown improvement in the offseason, and the
Pats look about the same. And trust me, everyone will have figured out some
way not to lose to them in the last quarter of a game. I think the Dolphins
and the Jets are fairly equal, and to be honest so are the Bills and the
Pats, but I just see Bledsoe taking some sweet revenge on his former team,
and their defense looks like it will be back to par. Running game is what I'm
basing this division on, and Williams and Martin are a toss-up, but
Testaverde and Fiedler really aren't. So, that's my reasoning here.

AFC NORTH
1. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
2. CLEVELAND BROWNS
3. CINCINATTI BENGALS
4. BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Steelers might very well be the toughest team in the AFC, and with this
division they will probably have the best record come playoff time. However,
the Browns don't look to shabby. William Greene looks pretty good at back,
and Kevin Johnson is always been a solid reciever. Plus, Couch still looks
like the QB that's going to either break out and show everybody what he's
made of or go the Bledsoe/Testaverde route, which still isn't too shabby. The
Bengals could win six or seven, and the Ravens are the ultimate definition of
salary cap woes. As Athlon Sports says, "Could be worse than the Orioles."

AFC SOUTH
1. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
2. TENNESSEE TITANS
3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
4. HOUSTON TEXANS

I hope I'm not right, but I just feel the Colts have the better team here. If
James stays healthy and Manning only does half of what he usually does, they
should be pretty damn outstanding with Dungee's defensive mind thrown into
the mix. The Jags look about the same as last year, and who can make a
prediction on the Texans? They've got some talent, but will they have any
chemistry. If they won five games though it wouldn't surprise me, and I find
that impressive for a first year team.

AFC WEST
1. OAKLAND RAIDERS
2. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
3. DENVER BRONCOS
4. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

I find this division to be a toss-up. Brees could very well go balls out and
the Chargers could just as easily be at the top of this division. To be
honest I'm showing favortism picking the Raiders here, but oh well. What else
do I have to go on. The Chiefs and Broncos are a toss-up, but I like Vermiel
making some strides in his second year. Adding Johnnie Morton sure as hell
didn't hurt. Seriously, if the Chiefs can keep staying out of salary cap
trouble, this team could be a division winner as early as next year. I picked
the Broncos last year to go all the way because on paper I couldn't find a
better team, but they always get injured. And if both recievers go down
again, Griese proved he can't throw to anything less than the best.

PLAYOFF AND SUPERBOWL

NFC PLAYOFF TEAMS
1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS
3. GREEN BAY PACKERS
4. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
5. CHICAGO BEARS (WILD)
6. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (WILD)

GREEN BAY OVER SEATTLE
NEW ORLEANS OVER CHICAGO

PHILADELPHIA OVER NEW ORLEANS
ST. LOUIS OVER GREEN BAY

PHILADELPHIA OVER ST.LOUIS

AFC TEAMS
1. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
2. MIAMI DOLPHINS
3. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
4. OAKLAND RAIDERS
5. TENNESSEE TITANS (WILD)
6. NEW YORK JETS (WILD)

NEW YORK OVER INDIANAPOLIS
TENNESSEE OVER OAKLAND

NEW YORK OVER PITTSBURGH
MIAMI OVER TENNESSEE

NEW YORK OVER MIAMI

SUPERBOWL
PHILADELPHIA 27 - NEW YORK 17

I don't know how I come up with this bullshit, but let me see you guys do any
better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home