Saturday, May 24, 2003

Here's my opinion of the whole Sorenstam thing. I don't think there should be any reason why she shouldn't play, in that she was given an exemption that others have received (I think Bill Murray got one once). I don't really like the exemptions, as they give advertisers more control than they should have, but it's the way it is. I would have liked her to have qualified for the event, but feel she maybe would have qualified anyway. She's a pretty good golfer. I don't mind that she's playing in the PGA, a men's tour, because it's the best tour in the world, and everyone wants to play there. You want to compete for the best and with the best, and should be given the chance if you are good enough.

But, she's still a lady golfer, and women simply aren't as good as men in almost every sports. And here's what we saw. The best woman's golfer in the world, playing on a course that's best for a woman, plays her absolute best one day and decently the next, and she still can't make the cut. Don't tell me this is some giant step for women. This is exactly what we should expect to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home