Thursday, August 26, 2004

One more fantasy thought

Chris mentioned the one other important part about fantasy - the positions. I should have mentioned this. Baseball is the prime example, as offensively there are great differences between the positions. I always put 2B, SS, C, and 3B at the top of the list, followed by starting pitching, and then 1B and OF, which are so much easier to find. After the draft I go and try to find 5 closers to get the save stat - almost any closer will do. By this time of year, I usually have at least three closers left. This puts a pretty good team on the field every year.

In football, it's more complicated. I view WRs as the OFs of the group, as there are so many of them, and you can pick up a couple later on. QBs are like 1Bs, in that they usually get big stats, and there is only one per team, but somehow seem more important in fantasy football. Since team defense is so random these days, maybe put them at the bottom. Get a FG kicker on a team that scores a lot. Finally, I think getting more than one quality running back is most important, and I try to get them near the top of the list. At least, I think I will this year.

And finally, never ever torture yourself by getting Randy Moss. He might not do anything until the 8th week, and then you hate him even more than you would normally, which can be quite a lot. Then you get all depressed, stop checking on your team, and start to the heavy drinking. He can ruin your season, and your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home