Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Re: Fantasy Football

How I pick my fantasy teams is pretty simple. I buy an annual sports magazine, and then do what it says. This usually gets me into the top third of any league I am in. Combine that with paying attention week to week (which I didn't do so well last year), and you will probably make the playoffs. And then it's a crap-shoot. Still a lot of fun.

I doubt we'll be doing anything involving money with fantasy football this year. The main reason that I wanted to do it was to keep everyone involved, but Chris is right; this is a pretty good group we're in. That, added to the fact that I now see Jonathan about once every two years, and it's going to be tough to co-ordinate. Oh well. I still hate that the person who ends up with the most points is not rewarded at the end of the year. That's a great achievement!

I like the idea of taking a chance on guys who might make an impact, and really like that we have six bench spots on our team. Of course, we'll have to use them for the off weeks. Still, you can take a chance or two early in the year and maybe come up with something.

First order of business: put Eddie George on my "Not able to perform, at least not on my team" list. I love the guy, but he has no business being #42 in the Yahoo pre-rankings. Also, I'm not sure if I'd want Vick or not. I'm afraid he's too injury prone. I need to debate this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home