Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Additional Points

I was going to try to defend myself, and have been thinking about it for the last two days. But then I realize that I can't. It was a gut call, and there was no logic behind it. A logical arguement is hard, then. I think that this we're really arguing past each other here. I agree with most of your football related points, such as that the Titans dominated the first half. There's no doubt they did. But, they messed it up.

-We all seem to agree that emotions play a role, particularly inside the game. I think, from personal experience, that getting mad affects different people in different ways, or even the same person in different ways. I remember once getting cleated close to the groin for no good reason in a soccer game (we were down 7-2!), and then scoring three goals in the next ten minutes or so (still lost). But, at other points I lost my cool, and it hurt my play badly. It's a matter of how well you direct that anger; do you use it to focus your play, or does it frustrate your mind?

-I think revenge is a factor (although not last Sunday), and Chris does not. I also think that motivation to win in a week after you were defeated in a big game plays a factor here, too, and that was in play Sunday. I think we'll agree to disagree here, respectfully.

-Interesting point on the Colts lack of "time of possession", KW. I'll have to watch that.

-Dyson looked bad, and not just on that face mask play. I mean, at many points in the game he was just beat.

-I'm beginning to think that, on a long drive in the early part of the game, you should simply kick a field goal on fourth and short. What a downer it was to see them come up with a huge drive like that and get no points, so early in the game! The Colts got a big surge from that. The downside is rarely thought about on a failed fourth and short, but it can be a huge negative for a team. And three points would have felt pretty good.

-I'm troubled by Brown's lack of stats in the later downs, and in the second half. But, then again, he troubles me in general. But, man, was he fun to watch in the first half! There were so many times I knew he was going down, and he didn't! I guess he's like a lot of other backs, but I'm not used to that on my team. Indeed, I'm excited and troubled by the man at the same time. Needs more thought. Watching Eddie play like Eddie in the afternoon Cowboys game, I have no clue what the 'boys saw in him. All he does is run forward until he hits someone, and he's tackled. I could do that. Some of our readers could do that. Of course, we'd be bruised as all hell in the morning, but we could. And so could a lot of other people, many of them riding the bench for the Cowboys.

-Why am I no good at fantasy football? I usually do well in baseball, but football always eludes me. 0-3 combined in my two leagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home