Friday, October 15, 2004

Team America, Take 2

Yes, I saw this movie yet again. I will clarify some things.

Team America is well worth watching, but I do not mean to put it into the same classic category as South Park: BLU. It will be a movie I could stand watching several more times. The same two scenes that had me gasping for air the first time did the trick the second time. One thing bothers me about it, though, and it is something that I have read from other good reviews--the movie doesn't quite establish a rhythm of sustained hilarity (that's my version of what these reviews say). I think with the nature of puppets, some things come at you a little slower than would from a cartoon, and of course, not every single joke hits its mark. However, when you have those two scenes in question, and around six funny songs, and several other moments, it still clocks in as the funniest comedy I've seen this year so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home