Friday, November 19, 2004

Music, Nonstop

As my friends know, I love music, and usually some pretty obscure stuff. I just have to do a random product ad, and wonder if anyone has used this or one of its competitors. I've been listening to the Yahoo Launch program for a month or so now, and it's incredible. For free, they play music in a radio type format, and change it to your tastes. You rank stuff as you hear it, and it slowly learns what you like. I listen to it at work, and it's much better than bringing my own stuff in. You get some great variety, and it's awesome when they play a song you've never heard before that's wonderful. I tend to go through the webpage and rank artists and songs that I've been wanting to hear but haven't yet. It will play them for you in time. And you can skip songs you don't like. It's much easier than going to Kazaa and downloading them. There are a few commercials, but they're not bad, and I'm thinking about buying the premium product.

Here are the songs it's played for me so far today. I need to get more jazz and good vocalists in there, but I'm pretty happy with the indie fare I'm getting. Hey, and there's that Hepcat song I love!


The following artists and songs were just played on your LAUNCHcast station.

Ride - Kaleidoscope
Desmond Dekker - Warlock
Unrest - Angel I'll Walk You Home
Blonde Redhead - Pink Love
Frank Black - Build High
Luna - Words Without Wrinkles
Beulah - I'll Be Your Lampshade
Mission Of Burma - Academy Fight Song
Palace Music - Viva Ultra
The Pixies - Dancing The Manta Ray - Unavailable On LP
Morphine - Gone For Good
Tortoise - Stretch (You Are All Right)
Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
The Afghan Whigs - Double Day
The Cure - A Forest
Uncle Tupelo - Black Eye
Fugazi - Steady Diet
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Calexico - Quattro (GoTan Project Remix)
My Bloody Valentine - Several Girls Galore

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2004 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Rector said...

I bought the premium, and it was worth it. But be warned, it's a recurring annual fee, so if you're like me, you'll be a customer forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home