Friday, April 15, 2005

Notes...

-I'm down to the wire on my MBA. Two more weeks to go, final projects winding down, with final revisions to come. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my free time, other than look for a job.

-Louisville really laid an egg in the Final Four, but everyone was pretty happy with their season. Garcia didn't play well at all, hurting his stock in the NBA, but I think he should go pro anyhow. There might be a bit of Ewing Theory there, too, as the Cards played pretty well without him.

-It's hard to argue against UNC winning it all, as they were likely the best team. Somehow I don't think we'll see Illinois in the finals again anytime soon - no tradition there.

-It's good to see baseball in DC again. I still think the Expos previous owners were the problem, not the fans, but I can't say anything bad about DC fans yet. They certainly came out in force yesterday. We'll see if that spirit can survive, as their track record isn't great, having lost two teams (albeit years ago).

-I had once hoped to move to DC after graduation, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for now. Maybe later, maybe never. My choices on where to live and work are still up in the air.

-It was said that George Washington was "First in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countryman." It was said that the Washington Senators were "First in war, first in peace, and last place in the American League." They were bad for many, many years, and they lost two teams... coming to think of it, for failing to win, much like the Expos. If they start to stink, I wonder if anyone will use that saying again.

-Whale-dolphin born. I didn't know such a thing could be...

-Kentucky claims that I owe them $191 in taxes, which I am willing to pay... but I can't figure out how to get the money to them! I e-filed everything, and now don't know what to do. Every statement I've found is about how to get your refund. I guess this is the question most people have, but don't you think the government would make it easy for me to send them money? I guess I have to find out today, somehow.

-Should we join the Rocky Top Brigade? We aren't exactly die-hard UT Vols fans here, but I think we'd fit in fine. Any thoughts?

-Okay, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home