Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Notes...

-As much as I hate to see anyone fail, and not that I'm expecting it, but wouldn't it be funny if Reggie Bush were a bust? Just saying, with all the hype around him.

-If you see the original "Willy Wonka" on ABC Family, stay far, far away. They leave out the boat scene, one of the best parts! And I think there were a few more edits that I missed.

-You have seen Engrish.com, haven't you?

-Our number of Sunday visitors have been double our usual average as NFL fans look up the "fair catch kick" on Google.

-Look at the new Amazon ad at the side. You feel the need to buy something, don't you? Like that Friends Complete Tenth Season DVD set, right?

-Yes, this entire post was to see if I could make that link work. I'm the IT guy...

3 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 03:16:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I was talking to KW the other day about how people keep referring to him as "can't-miss," as if it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to dominate the NFL. Not to compare, because I think Bush is much better, but didn't Peter Warrick have this kind of flashy college career?

Anyway, Bush is a guy who can definately be special, but to say he's a surefire star is still jumping the gun.

 
At 12/15/2005 09:37:00 AM, Blogger PaulNoonan said...

I'm getting the same "fair catch kick Sunday boost as well. I'm sort of hoping that some other NFL team tries it again just so I can post on it again and increase my numbers even more.

I think that Bush will be at least "pretty good" but there are definitely no sure things. I could see him in the Gale Sayers mold, but I could also see him in the Eric Metcalf mold, and while EM was a fine players, he was no Sayers. And he could end up like Peter Warrick too.

What I don't like is the notion of the "Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" as if you're screwed if you don't land him. Everyone should take a step back and remember that when Barry Sanders was drafted, Emmitt Smith ended up going 16 picks later (or so), and it was Emmitt and the Cowboys that had all of the Super Bowl runs, not Barry and the Lions.

 
At 12/16/2005 01:22:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Great points, everyone. I think that top draft picks are overrated in general, especially for the money they are owed. You build a championship team through quality picks in every round. It does you no good to tie a great part of you cap money with an untested rookie.

I love to see what kind of things that Google picks up on. We've had a lot of Fat Albert and Friday Night Lights related hits, and several people looking for more Project Greenlight information. And lots of people looking for Ona Grauer nude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home