Thursday, January 12, 2006

Movie Reviewing

For 2005, I promised myself to watch every major release, and I did. I still have some limited releases to finish off, but I got all the major ones. This year, I'm probably not going to do that. I started the year out watching all of the releases for the first week. But this week, my head crashed into a brick wall thinking about spending time watching and reviewing all of the new movies.

So, on Tuesdays, I'm thinking about posting upcoming releases, and if anyone out there in the blogosphere wants to comment on a movie they'd like to see reviewed, I'll watch it and review it. I'll do it even if there's a whole bunch. This will be a "Special Thursday Edition." Watch the money roll in.

I'm not sure what I'm going to get around to tonight. The choices start with Glory Road, another heartwarming basketball story that follows the Remember the Titans model. There's a remake of a 1950 film, Last Holiday, in which modern filmmakers turn Alec Guinness into Queen Latifah. Then there's Tristan & Isolde, which probably has very little to do with the Wagner music drama. Then there's Hoodwinked, which looks to be a modern retelling of "Little Red Riding Hood." I'm sure there will be a lot of smartass crap in that, and it very well might be the movie I, as a projectionist, will be required to see because no one else will. Whether I decide to watch anything else depends on the level of exhaustion, but I'll try to get two if need be.

3 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Then you can put up a tip jar. $10/review. When you get the $10, you do the review. ;)

 
At 1/12/2006 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Shh, MJ. That's the first step of my plan to dominate the planet...of course, I've probably said to much. [Champagne sip]

 
At 1/12/2006 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

"After years of disappointment with get-rich-quick schemes, I know I'm gonna get rich with this scheme...and quick!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home