Monday, December 04, 2006

KW Arrives to Take His Medicine

Alright...this is your forum for mocking KW and his beloved Colts. Your team won the big game, beating Peyton and the Colts.

And it pissed me off. It made me mad. Here are a bunch of Titans players that on any other week I would be rooting for, and yesterday I'm rooting for them to fail, fumble, flail, and falter.

It's actually surprising how much dislike I can muster up for my second favorite team when they play my first favorite team.

Here are some random things about the game and football in general...to start debate and result in you guys making more fun of me:

-Titans beat the Colts and it's like the fans think it's one of the biggest games of the year. I would rather my team be so good as to be that favored and dominant than have my team be the team so crappy that it celebrates a win that moves the team to 5-7 as though it were a playoff win.

-How come Pac Man Jones can have his nickname's initial on his jersey (P. Jones) and Tank Williams can have Tank on his jersey, but Chad Johnson gets fined for wearing a temporary "Ocho Cinco" name on his jersey prior to the game even starting?! I doubt Pac Man is any more Adam Jones' given name than Ocho Cinco is for Chad. Both are nicknames.

-I never loved Vince Young like I did against the Giants. Never hated him like I did against the Colts. Same guy. No question he's going to be something special. Just hope he keeps most of the special-ness at bay when he plays the Colts.

-Love my team. Root for them every week. But seriously....how long can "bend but don't break" continue to be a viable defensive strategy? That defense is putrid. Just another reason why you Titans fans shouldn't be so cocky about your team's performance. I'm just saying....Eddie George from two seasons ago could have run like Henry did yesterday. (Ah yes...the classic argument of "your team wasn't good...my team was just bad.")

-I really, really, really hate Pac Man. Regardless of this past week's game.

-I think Chris will agree with me on this point, despite his being a fan of the Titans: "magic" does not have any measurable impact on any game. Titan fans proclaiming that the team could still make the playoffs must have only seen the past two games and not the whole season. Also those people don't know jack about football...and they're stupid. Don't quote me long odds. Just because something is mathematically possible does not in any way speak to it's probability.

-The Titans fan in me is excited and proud and happy about where this team could go the next few years. The Colts fan in me wants Titan players to break fibias and mandibles and get hip flexors (and other types of flexors that may or may not exist).

-Enjoy your time in the sun. The truth is that much more exciting things than yesterday's game are coming down the road for the Titans...I believe it. I just hope they can have the common decency to save that future greatness for games against Oakland and Cleveland...and let the Colts go on dominating the rivalry as they should.

-I'd rather lose to a mortal enemy (like New England) than to a close friend and second favorite team (Titans)...it's just hard.

Go on. Mock me. Mock KW. I won't be offended. I bend but I do not break. Lord knows you don't get that many chances to gloat over a Colt's fan...and you won't have many more in the future either.

ps--I don't cry at football games. Only at sappy movies, Andy Rooney segments, and spilled milk.

4 Comments:

At 12/04/2006 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

I was just messing with you; it was just too easy. Sorry. Seriously, though, all the playoff questions did start this morning on the radio. Thankfully, the broadcasters weren't taking it too seriously and talking realistically about it. I think people should just be proud that this team is on the way up, but if they make it to the playoffs, I will eat a turd or something equally gross because it aint happening people.

 
At 12/04/2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

My vote is for turd. Or possibly turd sandwich.

I think the Titans have plenty to celebrate and plenty to look forward to...no doubt.

Playoffs? Not so much.

 
At 12/06/2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Regarding "magic". Believe it or not, feeling good about you chances will affect the team in practice, and will help the team play harder during the game. Belief in yourself and your teammates is of great importance. I don't know if you've ever played for a team that didn't believe they could win, but I have, and you have almost no chance.

And the Colts will, in fact, never win another game. Ever.

 
At 12/06/2006 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

Sure. I agree that things like confidence, believing in yourself, attitude, and all those things are great. They are factors. They do help.

I'm just saying that "magic" (or any of the above things) is not enough. My point is that talent, ability, and work ethic are all more important. If magic were all that mattered...the Titans would win out. And I just don't think there's enough talent or experience on that team to win out.

Watch...now they'll win out and make me look like a doofus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home