Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl 41 Goes to Colts

Goodbye, Rex Grossman. You've probably thrown your last pass for the Chicago Bears.

And, so long, "Peyton Manning/Tony Dungy Can't Win the Big Game." Your lack of meaning will forever be enshrined in the Hall of Inane.

Also, what a terrible Super Bowl. You know that expression, "Yeah, it was close, but I never got the sense that the losing team had a chance?" That's what happens when your offense is as completely inept as the Bears. With no evidence of being able to sustain any drive, how in the world would the Bears have been able to come back from even 4 points down? Grossman's interception that made the game 29-17 may have been the worst throw I have ever seen in any competition, eclipsing Neal O'Donnell's from Super Bowl XXX.

Anyway, congrats KW. I have no idea what it's like for my team to win the Big Game. I had to watch the Falcons and Titans back-to-back in 1999-2000.

2 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

It feels pretty good. I'm pretty elated. It is different when your favorite team is winning, because I never really thought about how boring the game might be to non-Colts fans...at least not while it was happening.

So glad for Peyton and the boys in blue. I hope they can get another one someday soon.

And the commercials were largely crap.

 
At 2/05/2007 07:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget Rich Gannon!! He took the record for interceptios thrown in a SB from O'Donnell. My wife reminds me of it a costantly through the season.

The commercials were terrible. I heard on the radio that a poll said the "Crabs worshipping the cooler" was the best. Come on, it was the weakest of all the beer commercials.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home